Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I'm Still Here



There are some rumors floating around out there that I haven’t posted a blog entry since March 23. These rumors are vicious, unfounded, and a little bit true. And quite frankly, I am appalled at my behavior. But to be perfectly honest and ugly, for a few weeks now, I haven’t even thought about writing a blog post. It’s not that there isn’t anything to write about, and it isn’t that I have lost the desire to write. It’s simply that I cannot for the life of me find the time.

I completely recognize how pitiful that sounds. Because everybody has that excuse. And as soon as you have to announce it and draw attention to it, it kind of weakens your proclamation. I say, let your busy-ness speak for how busy you are.

But for kicks and giggles, I’m a-gonna let you catch just a snapshot of a few noteworthy events over the last four weeks:

Started another job doing copy writing for an ad agency; excitedly worked to grow and prosper my pride and joy - the ever successful Titan Plumbing!; read Donald Miller’s “A Million Miles in a Thousand Years;” conducted the funeral for the father of a dear friend of mine; watched Date Night at the Cineplex and Paul Blart: Mall Cop at home; built a garden in our backyard (mostly Katie did this); organized my iTunes; prepared a training for Stake Priesthood Meeting; ate five pints of Haagen Dazs (not in a row); performed the wedding of two wonderful friends; wrote an article for Desert Saints Magazine about when Katie gave birth to Becca – which may or may not get printed due to it’s “graphic nature”; got an MRI and found out I have two bulging discs and one protruding; had one of my most favorite moments ever in the theater, seeing Dirty Rotten Scoundrels; whittled down what I think might be a good idea for a book to write (it’s autobiographical fiction); performed a “Ring Ceremony” at a wedding reception that was absolutely gorgeous; had dinner with a candidate running for Governor; started a new exercise routine that brings me thiiiiiis close to vomiting every time I do it; listened to my 22 month old daughter do an impression of both Napoleon Dynamite and Nacho Libre; went on a 50 mile bike ride from St. George to Mesquite; laughed when our home teacher sat on a strategically placed Whoopie Cushion that Connor brought home from Cub Scout Day Camp; felt deeper gratitude for my family and friends; and finally...decided that... yes, I will make a goal to find more time to write.

Thanks for still caring…if you’re still out there!